ROCKFORD – State Senator Steve Stadelman (D-Rockford) is encouraging uninsured and underinsured Illinoisans to visit the Affordable Care Act Marketplace during the open enrollment period, which runs from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15.
“No matter how healthy you may be, everyone benefits from having health insurance,” Stadelman said. “Open enrollment for the ACA Marketplace has arrived, and you can find or change insurance if you don’t received insurance from an employer or qualify for Medicaid.”
This year, Illinoisans will be able to choose from 179 plans from eight insurance providers. There are also tax credits available to help lower-income residents reduce their monthly payments and find affordable coverage.
Last year, more than 240,000 people received tax credits, and after credits were applied, the average monthly payment was $153.
There are three tiers of coverage to choose from that balance coverage and cost: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Anyone who is already covered under an ACA plan will automatically be enrolled in the same or a similar plan if they don’t make a different selection.
“We’re in the middle of a pandemic, so it’s more important than ever to have coverage,” Stadelman said.
Stadelman also want to remind people that if you experience a life-changing event, such as an income loss, a marriage, or a major move, you can always visit the marketplace – even if the open enrollment period has closed.
To learn more or select a plan, Illinois residents can visit https://getcoveredillinois.gov.
ROCKFORD – State Senator Steve Stadelman (D-Rockford) is pleased to report that the Illinois Department of Transportation announced Friday that I-39 resurfacing and two other major projects that will enhance safety while helping to grow the regional economy are wrapping up.
The projects represent a total investment of more than $55 million in the region.
“These projects helped create jobs and set the Rockford region up for economic opportunity for years to come,” Stadelman said. “Maintaining our roads and bridges is vitally important.”
Projects near completion include:
“Not only do these projects benefit the Rockford area today, but for years to come,” Stadelman said.
Although construction is substantially complete, some additional work remains, including landscaping. Daily lane closures will be required through early November to complete the work.
Over the next six years, IDOT is planning to improve more than 3,300 miles of highway and 8.4 million square feet of bridge deck as part of the Rebuild Illinois statewide construction program championed by Stadelman.
State Senator Steve Stadelman (D-Rockford) released the following statement on the state gaming board’s decision today to delay the Rockford Casino license:
“Frankly, I’m disappointed by the gaming board’s decision to delay their license decision another six months, I was hoping to see construction begin sooner rather than later,” Stadelman said. “As the Senator representing Rockford, I will work with the mayor and all other parties involved to do everything I can to make sure there isn’t another six-month delay. I’m tired of seeing dollars that could be spent in Illinois to help pay for our schools, roads and other improvements being spent in Iowa and Wisconsin.”
ROCKFORD – State Senator Steve Stadelman (D-Rockford) is highlighting the second round of Business Interruption Grants the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is awarding to Rockford businesses and other small business communities that have been hit the hardest by COVID-19-related losses and closures.
“Small businesses are the lifeblood of my community,” Stadelman said. “They need this grant money to endure, and I’m happy the state continues to prioritize communities like Rockford in these hard times.”
Forty Rockford-area small business will receive a total of over $1 million in this second round of BIG funding, which builds on the more than $49 million in grants awarded statewide in August. The Rockford area received nearly $2 million in grants during the first round, which ranged from $10,000 to $20,000 to assist businesses with expenses like payroll costs, rent, utilities, equipment and other possible unexpected costs to relieve the effects of the pandemic.
The second round of grants is intended to provide relief for all types of small businesses, with a focus on businesses located outside of the Chicago area, including the Rockford area. They include $60 million for heavily distressed industries, such as movie theatres, performing arts venues, concert venues, indoor recreation, amusement parks, event spaces located at banquet halls and hotels, and more. $70 million has been set aside for disproportionately impacted communities that have been the most economically distressed and vulnerable to COVID-19.
“The first round of these grants are supporting dozens of businesses in my community,” Stadelman said. “This round is ensuring additional businesses are given the resources they need to navigate through the pandemic as winter approaches.”
A list of grant recipients can be found here. To apply for assistance visit the DCEO Website.
Page 61 of 120